Providing Stability For Life
If you’re missing teeth, you may have tried traditional dentures before. However, because they are held in place with a combination of denture adhesive and natural suction, they often don’t provide the stability you need. They may slip around, which can be embarrassing when you’re just trying to talk or chew. Thanks to implant-retained dentures in Duncanville, we can provide stability for life. These dentures are held in place with dental implants. If you’re ready to get the stable and comfortable smile you deserve, contact our team today for a consultation.
How Do Implant-retained Dentures Work?
Regular dentures rely on natural suction and a mild adhesive to stay in place. Therefore, they are neither as comfortable nor as sturdy as your natural teeth were. When dentures are held in place by dental implants in Duncanville, however, they are much more firmly rooted in place. This is because they are anchored by small titanium posts that perfectly mimic the roots of your lost teeth. When your dentures in Duncanville are held in place with implants, they’re pretty much guaranteed to not slip out of place.
Am I A Candidate For Implant-retained Dentures?
You might be an ideal candidate for implant-retained dentures in Duncanville if you:
- Are missing all teeth on one or both arches
- Do not smoke or chew tobacco
- Have a jawbone strong enough to support at least four dental implants
- Do not have gum disease or are willing to undergo gum disease treatment
- Are in good overall health and do not have any immune conditions that could compromise your healing process
Even if you don’t meet all of these conditions, that doesn’t necessarily mean you can’t receive implant-retained dentures. You might just need to undergo some preliminary procedures, such as a bone graft or periodontal therapy, beforehand. Don’t hold back from scheduling a consultation with Dr. Martinez to see if implant-retained dentures could benefit you.
The Implant-retained Dentures Procedure
Dr. Martinez will refer you to a special oral surgeon or periodontist, as he has built a network of them over the years. They have performed the dental implant procedure thousands of times, so you can trust that you’ll be in good hands. After you’ve undergone any preliminary treatments, like gum disease therapy or a bone graft, the specialist will place an average of four to six dental implants strategically throughout your jawbone. After your jawbone has sufficiently healed from the surgery, Dr. Martinez can restore your smile with a custom-made denture.
Benefits Of Combining Dentures & Dental Implants
Implant-retained dentures come with a multitude of benefits, including:
- The dentures are made of high-quality materials that closely resemble your natural teeth.
- Thanks to the support from the implants, the biting force of your dentures will be strong enough to stand up to virtually any food.
- The implants will prevent your jawbone from shrinking over time, keeping you looking young. You also won’t have to worry about the fit of your dentures changing.
- Implant-retained dentures require very little maintenance. In fact, caring for them is quite similar to taking care of your natural teeth.