If you think covering your tooth imperfections is impossible, you’ll be pleased to know that at Glow Family Dental, Dr. Carlos Martinez can give you the smile you’ve always dreamed of with the help of porcelain veneers in Duncanville! These ultra thin coverings are designed to look like your natural tooth enamel and are placed over your tooth, dramatically improving your appearance. Masking multiple imperfections, porcelain veneers can be easily attained in just two simple appointments. So, say goodbye to the stains, chips, or gaps, and say hello to fully transformed smile. Contact us today to schedule an appointment!
What Are Porcelain Veneers?
Whether it’s chips, cracks, gaps, discoloration or slightly crooked teeth, porcelain veneers can help you achieve a more uniform smile. Made of durable porcelain, these dental restorations fit securely against your natural tooth, creating a tight, permanent bond. Dr. Martinez will customize your veneers to match the size, shape, and color to your liking, ensuring you are pleased with the end result.
What is the Process of Getting Porcelain Veneers?
Having porcelain veneers placed can be completed in two appointments. To understand how this happens, here is the following process:
- Your dentist in Duncanville will administer local anesthesia to ensure you are comfortable throughout the procedure.
- He will remove a small portion of the enamel from your tooth, as this will allow the veneer to properly adhere to your natural tooth once they are ready for placement.
- You’ll have an impression taken of your bite, so it can be sent off to the lab. There they will create and customize your veneers.
- During your second and final appointment, your permanent veneers will be placed.
What Are the Benefits of Porcelain Veneers?
It’s normal to wonder why porcelain veneers are a commonly suggested method of treatment. More and more people turn to veneers as a way to hide their imperfections and take back their smile. To find out why, here are some of the benefits:
- They cover a myriad of imperfections, including chips, cracks, gaps, discoloration, and slightly crooked teeth.
- You’re able to keep more of your natural tooth structure even though a small amount of enamel is removed.
- Depending on your individual needs, you may not require anesthesia; however, the process is noninvasive.
- Porcelain veneers are stain-resistant!
- Your veneers are long-lasting, allowing you to keep your fully transformed smile for decades.
- Maintaining your porcelain veneers is easy. Following your regular brushing, flossing, and rinsing routine will keep them healthy, but remember to keep your regularly scheduled six-month appointments. This will allow Dr. Martinez to check your veneers for any problems. It’s also important that if you play sports or grind your teeth to seek treatment options to prevent your veneers from possible damage.