Are you missing teeth? No need to worry, this may be a more common problem than you think. It’s estimated that 120 million Americans are missing at least one tooth. Thankfully, there are various replacement options to get your smile looking and feeling great once more. Dental implants and dentures in Duncanville are 2 of the most popular replacement solutions, but which one is best for you? Keep reading to learn the answer from a trusted dentist.
What Are Dentures?
Dentures are a set of false teeth that are attached to a plastic or metal plate. They come in full or partial dentures depending on your tooth loss, and they rest on top of your gums to give you a full and functional smile. They’re completely removeable, and although various forms of dentures have been used for hundreds of years, they are still a highly recommended option for replacing a full row of teeth.
Check out some of the common benefits that patients see with dentures:
- A great looking smile
- Restored function to the mouth
- Improved self-confidence
- Better eating because of easier chewing
- The ability to restore a full row of teeth
What Are Dental Implants?
Dental implants in Duncanville are small titanium posts that get placed in your jawbone to act as artificial tooth roots. Titanium is biocompatible, so it actually fuses to your bone to create a sturdy and long-lasting support ready to be mounted with your new restoration (false tooth).
Dental implants have many unique benefits, but here are some popular advantages people see:
- Natural look and feel: They’re the only replacement that mimics the way your natural teeth emerge from your gums.
- Restored confidence: Talk, chew, and laugh with the confidence of knowing that your replacement teeth aren’t going anywhere because their roots are integrated in your jawbone.
- Health: Dental implants are the only replacement that stimulates and preserves your jawbone. Your jaw shrinks when you lose teeth because it’s not receiving the amount of stimulation it needs, and implants placed in your jaw can preserve it to keep it strong.
- Durability: With proper care, the implant itself can last a lifetime and your restoration can last up to 25 years.
Which Replacement is Right for You?
Well, both of these options sound great, but how do you know which one is the best for you? Either way, it’s important that missing teeth are replaced to avoid a trip to the emergency dentist for dental issues that occur from missing teeth.
If you’re looking for a permanent solution, dental implants are the way to go. If you’re looking to replace a whole row of teeth, you may want to consider dentures. The best way to know is to contact your local dentist in Duncanville. They will examine your mouth and give you a professional recommendation based on your needs.
Does it sound like dentures or dental implants are the right replacement for you? Talk to your dentist to get started on a beautifully complete smile.
Meet the Dentist
Dr. Carlos M. Martinez takes pride in offering various options to restore and replace teeth. He loves helping his patients feel more confident in their grin. He currently practices at Glow Family Dental, and he can be contacted through his website or by phone at (972) 298-2027 for any questions.